Delver’s Drop is a 2D Action RPG with fluid physics-based movement, snappy combat, shifting dungeons, and a rogue’s gallery of character classes. With an emphasis on mystery and dynamic gameplay experiences, the game features randomization for infinite replay and multiple narrative paths.
BATTLE & ADVENTURE
The movement and combat in Delver’s Drop are based on a unique physics system, designed to make the most fluid and tight 2D action game possible. Every character, enemy, object, and environmental effect in the game interact based on this system, and have properties for mass, friction, velocity, acceleration, and bounciness. This opens up a variety of tactical approaches for solving puzzles, defeating your foes, and turning the environment to your advantage.
- Fluid 360-degree movement with controller support.
- The physics affect every interaction, and are integral to defeating some enemies and solving puzzles.
- Use the environment against your foes by swatting stones at them, causing explosions, triggering traps, and more.
RANDOM DUNGEON EXPLORATION
Every playthrough, every room discovered, every descent to your ultimate unknown goal is a unique experience through the miracle of Pixelscopic’s patented Randungeonization™. Delver’s Drop makes each dungeon dive unique by randomizing the dungeon each time you die. Some experience, progress, and completed rooms will remain intact, but the dungeon will shift into a new layout for a totally different experience. Likewise, the class you play and the choices you make affect what happens and what parts of the story unfold in any given journey down the Drop.
- Explore a shifting maze where each adventure is different, and requires players to rely on their wits and skill to overcome the odds
- Enjoy endless replay value – there’s always the potential for something truly surprising through the next door
- Dungeon navigation becomes strategic in itself — solve multi-dimensional puzzles that affect the layout and traversal of rooms
DUBIOUS HEROES & DASTARDLY FOES
Play as one of several classes of imprisoned miscreants – Rogues, Sorcerers, Gladiators, and more. Each has unique movement properties, weapons, perks, and special abilities. Individual “heroes” are somewhat expendable, since each time one dies another is thrown down The Drop. But accomplishments and experience for each class are shared across adventures.
…which is a good thing as you’ll need all the help you can get to survive. Enemies come in all shapes and sizes, many rooms are laced with devious traps and puzzles, and even the very architecture itself shifts in attempts to guard its secrets.